Tuesday, July 10, 2018

VERICA TADIĆ




VERICA
TADIĆ

Heart For Two Heavens

If a man were always to another man
what he sometimes is
the purest word on the lips,
a book over books,
golden reflection of joy in the eyes,
a sunny day in thoughts,
the chord of tenderness in voice,
the torch of love in the darkness of life,
then the Earth would have two heavens:
human and divine.
To stars, angels
and saints from the divine sphere
the human heart would be another heaven.
*


SRCE ZA DVA NEBA

Kada bi čovek čoveku,
uvek, bio ono što ponekad jeste,
najčednija reč na usnama,
knjiga nad knjigama,
zlatni odblesak radosti u očima,
sunčani dan u mislima,
akord nežnosti u glasu,
baklja ljubavi u tami života,
onda bi i Zemlja imala dva neba:
Ljudsko i božansko.
Zvezdama bi, anđelima
I svecima iz božanske sfere
Ljudsko srce bilo drugo nebo.
***




La Fortune

Two halves
have been searching
for each other
for centuries.

They
are attracted
by the same
smell

They recognize
themselves
by it

If they
find each other

Stars
will dance
on the blue
trapeze

Angels will
walk
on toes
through
the harmony

On
the wedding
cake

New
Moon
will
write down
the date
*


LA  FORTUNE

Dve se
polovine
vekovima
traže

Privlači
ih
isti
miris

Po njemu
se
prepoznaju

Ako se
pronađu


Zaplesaće
zvezde
na plavom
trapezu

Anđeli će
na prstima
šetati
kroz
harmoniju

Na
svadbenom
kolaču

mladi
Mesec
Upisaće
datum
***





Universes Of Tenderness

In the shells
of time
murmurs the sea
of our days

Nothing else
is important to me
that I can wish for
in this world

From the moment
our beings
rearrange
in the universes
of tenderness

In a fusion
of two universes
a new Sun
is always born

And only then
you can
cruise
through infinity

And sail
into some
magical waters

In which
every touch
and kiss

Turn into
islands of flowers

And only then
you ride

On a star
born in magic

The powder of which
shines
even when
the star
fades away
*


SVEMIRI NEŽNOSTI

U školjkama
vremena
šumi more
naših dana

Ništa mi
više nije važno
što na ovom svetu
poželeti se može

Od trenutka
kada se
naša bića
u svemire
nežnosti
preslože

U stapanju
dva svemira
neko se novo
Sunce uvek rodi

I samo tada
može
kroz beskraje
da se brodi

I uplovi
u neke
čudesne
vode

U kojima
svaki dodir
i poljubac

U ostrva cvetna
preraste

I samo se
tada
jezdi

Na nekoj

Magijom
stvorenoj
zvezdi

Čiji prah
svetli
i kad se
zvezda
ugasi
***


Biću tvoje
toplo

Svilom srca
obloženo gnezdo
***




The Brightest Lighthouse

When you love
like a century
your day is long

And nobody can

In no war
win you

You are no more

A lonely

AND
little I

Your I
i s
g r o w i n g

And becomes
larger than you

Larger than life

Only then
The World is smaller

Than the universe
of two beings

In whose encounter

All fluids
of the cosmos

Touch
and epitomize

Only then you are
a chord of human power
In the interval I YOU WE ALL

And when death
irrevocably
transfers you
to unknown spaces

You will be
the brightest
lighthouse

Wherever you are

On the continent
of your name

LOVE will shine

The most durable
Sanctity

In which
future generations
will take communion

Only that Sanctity

Is larger than dreams
and reality

Larger than
everything
that exists


Because LOVE
has made BOTH
Gods AND People
*


NAJSJAJNIJI  SVETIONIK

Kada voliš
kao vek ceo
dan ti vredi

I niko ne može

Nijednim ratom
da te pobedi

Nisi više

Usamljeno

I
malo JA

Tvoje JA
raste

I postaje
veće od tebe

Veće od života

Samo tada
Svet je manji

Od svemira
dva bića

U čijem se susretu
dodirnu

I ovaplote

Svi fluidi
Vaseljene

I kada te smrt
bespovratno
u nepoznate prostore
preseli

Bićeš
najsjajniji
Svetionik

Ma gde da si

Na kontinentu
tvog imena

Blistaće LJUBAV

Najtrajnija
Svetinja

U kojoj će se
pričešćivati i
buduće generacije

Samo je ta Svetinja

Veća od snova
i jave

Veća od
Svega
što postoji

Jer LJUBAV
je  stvorila
I
Bogove
I
Ljude
***




When I Become A Prayer

If you are upper eyelash
and me lower eyelash

Our love will be the eye
that sees both worlds

This one here

And the one
above us

As long as
the music of stars

Announces
your arrival

And in my
smile

The Moon
of your sky
daydreams

Connected in
myriad

Of mutual flickers

We will live in each other
as reflections in the water

So

If I am a holiday
be my celebration

When I am a prayer
be a saint

In front of which
I keep vigil in prayer

When in each
breath
one eternity
lives

And

In each step
heavenly
we touch the road

We will dream
our future US
*


KAD  MOLITVA  BUDEM

Ako ti trepavica si gornja
a ja trepavica donja

Ljubav biće nam oko
koje oba sveta vidi

Ovaj ovde

I onaj
iznad nas

Sve  dok
muzika zvezda

Tvoj dolazak
najavljuje

A u mom
osmehu

Mesec
tvoga neba
sanjari

Spojeni u
neizbroj

Zajedničkih treptaja

Živećemo jedno u drugom
kao odrazi u vodi

Zato
Ako praznik sam
budi moje slavlje

Kad molitva budem

Budi svetac

Pred kojim
molitveno bdim

Kad  u udisaju
svakom
po jedna večnost
odživi

I

U stopi svakoj
rajski
dodirnemo  put

Odsanjaćemo
i buduće NAS
***



To The Last Spark

If you are the east of my thoughts
And the Sun of my soul

Then I could also be
Warm climate
Of the mutual continent

On which the birds
Of the gentlest words nestle

If you hurry with quick steps
To protect the shores of my heart
From sand storms

Then I could also be
The longest meridian on which
Our joy walks

Never mind where I start
And you end
Or your start and I end

If on the pillow of dreams


The reality of sincerity
Reveals its clear face

Both you and me know
As long as we are firm and determined
When the truth and justice should be defended

And ready for each other
To give the last beat

We will be to each other
The bright side of the world

And like two sparkling stars
We will shine in the same sky
For each other
To the last spark
*


DO POSLEDNJE ISKRE

Ako istok si mojih misli
I Sunce moje duše

Onda i ja mogu biti
Topla klima
Zajedničkog kontinenta

Na kome se ptice
Najnežnijih reči gnezde

Ako koracima hitrim
Žuriš da obale moga srca
Od peščanih oluja štitiš

Onda i ja mogu biti
Najduži meridijan po kome
Naša radost šeta

Nije važno gde počinjem ja
I završavaš se ti
Ili počinješ ti a završavam se ja

Ako na uzglavlju snova
Java iskrenosti
Obznanjuje svoje čisto lice

Znamo i ti i ja
Da sve dok smo čvrsti i odlučni
Kad istinu i pravdu odbraniti treba

I spremni jedno za drugo
I poslednji otkucaj da damo

Bićemo jedno drugom
Svetla strana sveta

I kao dve blistave zvezde
Na istom nebu sijaćemo
Jedno za drugo
Do poslednje iskre

TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH: ŽELJKA FODULOVIĆ

VERICA TADIĆ,
SERBIA

VERICA TADIĆ was born on 08.12.1949 in Donji Dubac (Municipality of Guča, Western Serbia). She graduated from the Faculty of Economics. She has been publishing contemporary poetry, haiku poems, essays, reviews, studies, stories, maxims and aphorisms in domestic and international magazines and joint publications. She is represented in  twelve anthologies. She won several literary awards. She has published twelve books. Her poetry has been translated into Slovakian, Russian, Polish, German, English, Spanish and Italian, and short stories into Slovenian. Verica Tadić lives in Čačak, Serbia. She has been a member of the Association of Serbian Writers since 2004.



No comments:

Post a Comment