Tuesday, July 10, 2018

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA



BLANCA
ALICIA GARZA

Miss Me At Sunset

When I'm forever gone,
bury me between the lyrics
of your most beautiful poem
so I'll never be forgotten.

When I'm forever gone,
seek my essence among
the petals of the white rose,
or with the smell of freshly
brewed morning coffee.

When I'm forever gone,
Seek my voice in a sweet
songbirds sonnet, or with
sounds of calm raindrops
upon an old tin roof.

When I'm forever gone,
scatter my ashes in winds
like seeds of a Dandelion.
For once I'm forever gone,
miss me at every sunset and
feel my touch at every dawn.

(Previously published in Stanzaic Stylings)








De Nardos

I can not accept that
you are forever gone.
I can still see your smile
when I close my eyes.
I still remember you with,
The singing of the cicadas
during a Mexican sunset.
The sweet smell of
freshly baked orange cake.
The sound of the rain
upon an old tin roof.
The sweetest smile
of an innocent child.
The scent of Nardos
your favorite flower.
Perhaps I told you a
thousand times that
I loved you
But I should have said it
one more time,
always one more time.
And not assume that
you already knew it.
You are still living here,
inside my heart.
But in my soul
you left an empty space
that nobody could fill ever.
You have drifted away like,
the Nardos scent in October.









Cherished Dreams

If I must leave you first and
travel into that world of wondrous
chimera my love, don't cry for me,
as that would hurt my soul.
Just close your eyes and
feel my presence by your side...
you may not see me for I now
rest inside your heart, feel me there.
Please my love, never forget our
cherished dreams, lift your face and
smile at the Full Moon and always
remember it was you who
healed my broken heart.
The body dies and becomes ashes
but the soul is eternal, and mine will
remain with you, until we meet again...
As two hearts, One soul.

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses" now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's work can be found in The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1. Blanca was recently nominated for The Best of the Net 2017.

3 comments:

  1. Several wonderful pieces of work here. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Me at Sunset leaves me with a lump in the throat. Great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yes! Miss me at sunset is romantic, sweet, with warm sentimental wishes. You have an incredible gift my friend. "...bury me between the lyrics of your most beautiful poem so I shall never be forgotten" Ashes in INK. Ink in your ashes. Great work my friend ! Barbara Suen

    ReplyDelete