Tuesday, July 10, 2018

MARIA MIRAGLIA


MARIA MIRAGLIA

The Wall Of Mystery

I t’s there
lying on the medow
quiet is the endless sea
and clear the sky
painted with white clouds
looking lke lotus flowers
just blossomed

The arms are open
stiffened the hands
tightening grass
and closed the eyes
as if dreaming

My body's there
not far from me
I look at it in disbelief
curious
and feel tenderness
for that sanctuary
there defenceless
there to offer itself to the earth
be swallowed by the soil
for so long trampled

I wonder what to do
where to go
while looking around
people known and
unknown
observe me
some smiling
others with expressions of surprise
or wonder
on their faces

I recognize my father
among them
his eyes for long thought
closed  glassy are there
to welcome me
to tell me I've crossed
the wall of mystery
@ Maria Miraglia








Of Heaven And Eternity

A bare room
a small wooden crucifix
hanging on the white wall
and a dim light on the nightstand
that makes wider and deeper
the sense of void around
only his laboured breathing
breaks the deafening silence

His sudden strange wince
makes me feel a chill
run along the whole body
I ring the bell there beside
his face paler than ever
his hands in mine
cold as fresh snow

Is the Grim Reaper ready
for his last journey
respectful of the moment
I stay there waiting
when unexpectedly
his eyes open wide
as looking for someone
he had just met

Where I am
where are mom and dad
Andrew says frightened and
in a weak voice

The room is now crowded
of doctors and nurses
that murmur each other
he is back he is back

A few moments in a whole life
that told of Heaven and Eternity
@ Maria Miraglia








Monologue

The sea is quiet
motionless as a flat table
painted of azure
the sky mirroring in it
while a flock of birds fly away
in search of the warm

The air is fresh and
the twilight draws
an eve rainbow
in the sky with shades
of white and gray

An unusual silence can be heard
not even the last yellow leaves
move from their sad branches

And me with my Self
asking thousands of things
I can give no answers to

The whys of the days
some sad other merry and happy
as the changing of the seasons
is the fate the absolute master
of my life or it all depends on me
is it up to us to pursue our dreams
or accept everything just as it is

Fading the dimension of my identity
detached from all the rest
almost melting
into the uniqueness of the cosmos
so deep the thought
of all that may be beyond
the human knowledge
am I at least a meaningful tiny thing
in the infinite space

My inner monologue lasts
for long while
a strange almost frightening feeling
fills my whole being

The colors of the late afternoon
have turned into dark and
the first drops of rain are falling down

My hair wet and my face too
I give a last look at the scenery around
and go
@ Maria Miraglia

MARIA MIRAGLIA

MARIA MIRAGLIA: Educationist, poet, translator, peace activist, Maria A. Miraglia was born and lives in Italy. Graduated in Foreign Languages and Literature from the Aldo Moro University of Bari, she got an HLC,  high level certification in language skills, from the  Trinity College of Edinburgh, a master’s degree in Evaluation and Assessment from the Aldo Moro University of Bari, a master’s degree in Teaching of Modern Languages from the Unitre of Rome. Ministerial lecturer for teachers of English language. On a project of the  Italian Department of Education, she attended a refreshment course for language skills at the International House, London. For a long time a member of Amnesty International, she herself founder and chairwoman of World Foundation for Peace, member of the International Observatory for Information and Human Rights. Founding member and literary director of the Italian cultural association P. Neruda, honorary member of Nationes Unidas de las Letras, advisory member of the editor board of Galaktika Poetike Autunis, member of the editorial board of Ourpoetry Archive, member of the editorial advisory board of Sahitya Anand. She collaborates for poetry with numerous national and international newspapers and magazines. Her poems have been translated into many foreign languages and are collected in numerous anthologies. all over the world. Author of Petali tra le Nuvole, Whispers from the Blue, Dancing Winds, Seagulls in the Blue, Le più Grandi Opere del Poeta Laureato Yayati Madan  G Gandhi Tradotte in Italiano da Maria Miraglia, author and editor of Antologia Poetica. She has received numerous national and international awards and recognitions.





1 comment: